Monday 23 June 2014

Units and Objectives

My first action in the scene is picking up Jimmy's pipe and holding it for a while before placing it safely on the table. This shows a connection that my character has with the place she is visiting but at the same time she is rethinking old memories she had gone through at one point. It also shows her need to clear things away in a tidy order as if she needs to look after the place. You see Alison look out for Jimmy when she tells Helena not to leave him. She knows Jimmy needs someone to look after him and although she still loves him she knows maybe she might not be best for him. 

An action i do through the scene multiple times is wrapping my cardigan around myself. I do this as a form of protection. I think when Jimmy is saying his monologue and im waiting to leave, i wrap the cardigan around myself as a sort of comfort and protection from Jimmys hurtful words. I think this adds to my portrayal of Alison as it shows the held back more reserved version of her rather than the emotionally unstable version of her you see later on. 

Another action is my standing up after being left alone with Jimmy. I go to leave as it is clear Alison is unwanted in that moment. But as he continues to speak i stay stood leaning onto the couch for support. I stay stood because it is clear Alison isnt being welcomed by Jimmy and is certainly not wanted to be comfortable by sitting down and listening to what he has to say. 

When i fall to the floor i end up with my back turned to Jimmy. I did this because it suggests that even though Alison has suffered and the two are back together, there is still some things that need to be worked on in their relationship. Not looking at Jimmy whilst breaking down and having her back turned also suggests that Alison is a person that does not want people to see her in such a state. 

----
Main goal in the scene;

I think Alisons main goal in this particular scene is to make Jimmy aware of her suffering. She came back to prove to him she went through such a painful things and that she finally understands. She just wants Jimmy to realise how hurt she is and for him to understand that she now has a reason to be angry.  I think i did this more in my last little speach to Jimmy. 

 The line "i was in pain and all i wanted to do was die and all i could think of was you". Shows that even in her darkest moments Alison still thinks of Jimmy and how he would feel. "This is what he wanted from me" also proves this as well as showing that Jimmy may be happy she finally went through suffering in her life. 

1 comment:

  1. Good analysis of the units and objectives of your scene. You justify your creative decisions well and include some good insight into the main objective of the extract that you performed.

    ReplyDelete